Last modified: 1 January 2020
We appreciate that your privacy is important to you, Menda will continue to protect the personal information you provide us and we will manage your personal information in compliance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
Our policy is designed to provide you with information regarding what information we collect about you, how we store and use that information as well as other important privacy information. The terms of our policy follows.
1. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that all information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, up-to-date and stored in a secure environment.
2. We do not automatically collect personal information from you, such as your name, address, phone number, email address or other personally identifiable information about you (personal information). We collect three categories of information when you use our Website:
(a) the personal information you voluntarily provide — that is, we collect personal information with your informed consent;
(b) anonymous non-personal information about how you use our Website; and
(c) “cookie” based information that makes your use of our Website easier
by recording your preferences so that when you return to our Website the
“cookie” re-loads that information into your web browser.
3. For example, we will collect personal information from you when you register on our Software, place an order, create an account, respond to a promotional offer, competition or survey or fill out a form related to any customer service feature operating on our Software.
4. When you become a subscriber to Menda you will need to provide certain details so that we can establish and manage your customer account.
5. When you log-into our Website using your Google or Facebook log-in (or
use any other log-in connected to any other social media platform) you are
allowing that social media platform to share your personal information
with us (that is, your personal information related to your log-in with
that social media platform, which may include your email address and other
6. We collect personal information when you volunteer that information in
order to receive a service from our Software. The personal information
collected on our Software will be used to provide the services you have
requested, such as setting up and managing your Subscription. Your
personal information may be used in relation to any survey, promotional
offer or any competition you may enter in connection with our Software.
7. The type of information we collect from you will depend on what
services you use. The personal information we may collect includes your
name, postal address, email address, pay your subscription fee by credit
card or debit card or direct debit from your bank account we will collect
your card or bank account details.
8. General information about visits to our sites is collected by our
computer servers, with small files “cookies” that our sites transfer to
your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow the
delivery of “cookies”). The “cookies” are used to follow the pattern of
movements of users by letting us know which pages on our sites are
visited, in what order and how often and the previous website visited and
also to process the items you select if you are making orders. The
anonymous non-personal information that we collect and analyse is not
personal information as described in the Privacy Act.
9. When you access our sites, a small file containing a unique
identification (ID) number may be downloaded by your web browser and
stored in the cache of your computer. The purpose of sending these files
with a unique ID number is so that our site can recognise your computer
when you next visit. The “cookies” that are shared with your computer
can’t be used to discover any personal information such as your name,
address or email address they merely identify your computer to our sites
when you visit us.
10. We can also log the internet protocol address (IP address) of visitors
to our sites so that we can work out the countries in which the computers
11. We collect information using “cookies” and other tracking technologies
for the following reasons:
(a) to help us monitor the performance of our websites and Software so that we can improve the operation of the services we offer;
(b) to provide personalised services to each user of our Software to make their navigation through our sites easier and more rewarding to the user;
(c) to identify trends, usage, activity patterns, and areas for integration and to improve our Services and to develop new products, features and technologies that benefit our users and the public;
(d) to sell advertising on the sites in order to meet some of the costs of operating the websites and Software and improve the content on the site; and
(e) when we have permission from the user, to market the services we
provide by sending emails that are personalised to what we understand are
the interests of the user.
12. Even if you have given us permission to send you emails, you can, at
any time, decide not to receive further emails and will be able to
“unsubscribe” from that service.
13. If you are unhappy about having a cookie sent to you, you can set your
time a cookie is being sent. However, if you turn your cookies off, some
of our services may not function properly.
14. We use different technologies and procedures to help protect personal
information from unauthorized access, loss, alternation, disclosure or
use. Some of the safeguards we use are physical access controls,
information firewalls and access authorisation controls to where your
personal information is held in data centres. We also use data encryption
when personal information is transferred to and from our service
providers. Our commitment to data security means:
(a) we have procedures to limit access to personal information within our organisation;
(b) we use security measures and technologies within our organisation to protect your personal information; and
(c) we use service providers that can establish that they have secure
controls relating to software security, access security and network
security, including where credit card information is being transferred.
15. We will communicate with you in relation to any orders you make and in
relation to the management of your subscription account with us which will
include providing you with information about the service subscribed to by
16. We may send you information and updates about any other product,
service or information that we provide to our customers; in addition we
may send you occasional company news and information about other products
and services or special promotional offers of our affiliated companies. If
at any time you would like to stop receiving future commercial messages
from us, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of
17. We may also release your personal information when we believe release
is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our subscription
agreements, website policies and terms & conditions, or protect ours
or others rights, property, or safety.
18. We are happy to provide you with details of personal information held
about you. APP 12 allows you to get access to, and correct, the personal
information we hold about you.
19. To access this information, you need to email or write to us using the
contact details contained in the contact us page. Please also include your
subscriber account number if you are a subscriber to the Software.
20. APP 13 allows you to ask us to take reasonable steps to correction any
personal information that is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete,
irrelevant or misleading.
21. If you believe that your personal information has been misused, you
can inform us of your complaint by writing to our address and we will
attempt to resolve the matter. If you are not satisfied with the outcome
of your complaint you may refer the matter to the Office of the Australian
Information Commissioner (OAIC).
22. Our sites may include links to websites operated by third parties. We
have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of
these linked websites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of
our sites and welcome any comment about linked websites.
on this page, and update the policy modification date above.